Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've always liked Valentine's Day. Even as an angsty teen, I liked giving little trinkets to my friends, so it was always a fun day. Even better now that I have a husband and two little girls!

Gnarly's preschool class is doing a valentine exchange tomorrow. I kept pondering and pondering about what to make for half a dozen toddlers that wasn't candy, didn't take long, and was fun, sturdy, and easy to use. I finally came up with these:



What, you can't tell what they are? They're heart finger puppets! Very easy, made out of felt for minimal fuss. The embroidery is, shall we say, rustic, and I'm no expert at machine-sewing, but I like them. Gnarly does, too, and so did her friend A. I hope the rest of the kids do, too.



(I told her to show me her finger. She did. I'll be more specific that I want the finger PUPPET next time.)

And since I had the sewing machine out, I also made a taggie heart for Walby:



And Gnarly has been obsessed with having a taggie blankie of her own for a while. Well...truth be told, she has one, but since she never cared for it, I passed it on to her sister. Of course, then she wanted one, too :) I was happy to oblige:

No comments:

Post a Comment